Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
Italics: in progress
1. Blog at least once a week for 3 months. (2/12)
2. Become a better me. (Health wise)
3. Get to my goal weight.
4. Watch an entire season of Husbands favorite show that I don't watch.
5. Go to the movies alone. June/2012
6. Purchase our first bed. September/2012
7. Vote in an election. November/2012
9. Make a Grocery List and stick with it.
10. Volunteer 10 times.
11. Answer the "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind"
12. Make a new friend. April/2013
13. Do a 5K run/walk.
14. Do a 10k run/walk.
15. Do something nice for someone and say nothing.
16. Take a yoga class.
17. Bake cupcakes for a neighbor.
18. Donate blood.
19. Have a dinner party.
20. Go on a cruise.
21. Try 25 new recipes.(1/25)
22. Move to a new state. Aug/2012 NY
23. Host a game night.
24. Create an iTunes list of 51 songs that make me smile.
25. Save a $1 for each task completed.
26. Make a photo diary of my day.
27. Write a letter to someone famous and send it.
28. Sew a blanket for someone and give it to them.
29. Take a road trip.July/2012
30. Fly somewhere.June/2012
31. Go on a picnic.
32. Stick to a work out routine for 6 months.
33. Write a list of 50 things that make me happy.
34. Make a list of the top 5 people who have positively influenced me and write them letters
35. Have a months worth of bill money in savings.
36. Make a list of 25 things I like about myself.
37. Read 25 new books.
38. Organize my recipe book.
39. Write a letter to myself to be opened when the 1001 days is over.
40. Run a mile in the time limit for my age group.
41. Reconnect with an old friend. May/2012
42. Visit Kaitlyn in AZ.
43. Buy a new couch.
44. De-clutter one room in our home. May/2013
45. Take 50 bubble baths.(25/50)
46. Tie a note to a balloon and let it go.
47. Find 5 things on Pinterest and make them.(2/5)
48. Write a letter to Grandma and send it in a balloon.
49. Complete a 500 piece puzzle.
50. Do 50 wordless Wednesday posts.
51. Enjoy an entire day with my Husband doing what he wants.
52. Take a fitness class I would never normally try.
53. Attend church 25 times.(25/25)
54. Get a massage.
55. Get a pedicure.
56. Find a new job.
57. Buy a new car.
58. Pay off my credit card.
59. Go back to school.
60. Finish my AA.
61. Celebrate my birthday with a party
.62. Pick berries and bake a pie with them.
63. Eat at 5 new restaurants.
64. Have a Brazilian waxing done. March/2012
65. Make home made pasta.
66. Buy a bike and ride it once a week for 6 months.
67. Purchase a pair of boots that fit well!
68. Send out 25 Christmas cards.
70. Make a list of 50 things I love about someone and send it to them.
71. Donate $10 to charity for each goal not completed at the end of 1001 days.
72. Get a dog. September/2012
73. Start a Retirement plan.
74. Pay for a stranger's coffee.
75. Knit something (hat, scarf, anything).
76. Join a book club.
77. Learn to do a smokey eye.
78. Go to bed by 10pm every night for a month. Febuary/2013
79. Wake up at 8 am every morning for 5 weeks. January/2013
81. Loose 50 lbs.
82. Meet another Army Wife and stay in touch.
83. Don’t complain for seven straight days.
84. Find two natural beauty products that I love and that work
85. Buy something on Etsy.
86. Buy something fabulous at Anthropologie (after I’ve lost the weight).
87. Clean for 15 minutes every day for a month to be come habit.
88. Leave 50 OperationBeautiful notes.
89. Do the One Hundred Push Up challenge.
90. Ride a train.
91. Play a game of chess w/ someone.
92. Learn to poach an egg.
93. Plan a weekly menu and stick to it, 10 times.
94. Take a cooking class
95. Find a personally inspirational quote & work it into a piece of art or home decor.
97. Go to a stand up comedy show.
98. Have a cup of coffee while watching a sunrise.
99. Attend a ballet performance
100. Encourage someone to make a 101 in 1001 list.
101. Complete list and make a new one.